44 supported one and two bedroom flats of Lifetime Homes standards
Application number: BH2016/01961
The flats can only be occupied by over 70s.
The development would include:
parking spaces for staff, residents and visitors
as well as communal gardens.
Restaurant and dining room 365 days a year
Close to shops, a post office and public transport.
The plans have been submitted to Brighton & Hove City Council.
If you would like to comment on the plans the following issues can be taken into account:
- the proposal complies with the Council’s planning policies
- the proposed use is suitable for the area
- the appearance and size of the building is appropriate
- adjoining residents will suffer overshadowing, overlooking or loss of privacy
- There will be an increase in noise and disturbance e.g. from extra traffic
Issues which cannot be taken into account:
- loss of view
- loss of property value
- The Council will approve an application unless there are good planning reasons for refusal.
- Conditions may be attached to a consent to cover points which may be of concern.
McCarthy & Stone say that they design their schemes to express an individual character of their own, to fit in comfortably with the surrounding area.